Wednesday 20 August 2008

Birthday Card for my Little Princess



Today is my Darling Daughter's 6th Birthday. She is a real girly girl and loves anything to do with fairies, princesses pink etc. You know the type. I like to make really special cards for my children's birthdays and this was to be no exception. Dana said she wanted a fairy card and since Stampin' Up! don't have any fairy stamps in the NZ catalogue I was a bit stumped. And then I remembered the lovely set I shared with you a few posts ago - Pretty Princess. I decided to make the cute Princess into a fairy. I stamped some butterflies from the Time Well Spent set onto vellum cardstock in Stazon ink. Carefully cut them out making sure to cut the head and feelers off and voila! - fairy wings! I stamped the Princess onto the Vellum cardstock as well. Coloured them using my Stampin' Write Markers. Glued the wings on the back with the Two Way Glue Pen, added a bit of Stampin' Glitter, and there you have a very sweet fairy!

I decided to make a garden scene with the fairies flying around some pretty flowers. Using a variety of flowers from Time Well Spent, I stamped onto cardstock in Stazon and coloured using ink pad lids and my aqua brush. I attached these to some of the die cut flowers from the Spring Mini with rhinestone brads and pearls from the Pretties Kit. I also coloured two of the smaller flowers from the Pretties Kit with my Markers - SO easy!
I made grass by snipping card with the Paper Snips and leaves and stalks from scraps of card.






SUPPLIES:
Card: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Wild Wasabi, Vellum Cardstock, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie
Stamps: Pretty Princess, Time Well Spent
Ink: Stazon
Accessories: Pretties Kit, Markers, Aqua Brush, Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Snail, Glue Dots

Dana really loved the card and it was worth the time it took to create - this was NOT a ten minute creation! She has had a lovely day too so all in all everyone is happy.
I hope you like it.

Until next time.....

All supplies from Stampin' Up!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thinking Batman! I totally love the 'fairies' and am gonna pinch this idea :) Jamey

Lisa Green said...

How Wonderful! I like to work hard on my child's b'day cards too, I want to keep them for years to come! This was so very cute, what a Stunner!

kareN stampZ said...

Wow that is so gorgeous

Tracy said...

Janine, this card is amazing. Love what you have done

Sharlene Meyer said...

This is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Stunning Janine, I'm sure Dana loved it. If she is anything like my boys she will want to keep it in her bedroom with her. lol

Caroline said...

You are TOO clever!! Beautiful card!