Friday 4 July 2008

Hubby's Birthday

It was my Husband's birthday last month and so I thought I would show you the cards that my children and I made for him.

First up it is my one. This uses one of my favourite sets, Touch of Nature.

I got the idea from a blog tutorial I read on lining up the four circles. You can read it here.
EDITED: Once again I am having trouble linking so if you can't follow the above link to the tutorial, the address is: http://prairiepaperandink.typepad.com/amyr/2008/05/lining-up-4-pun.html

SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Touch of Nature, Wonderful Words
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Card: Bashful Blue, Spring Showers DSP
Accessories: 1 1/4" circle punch, Mat Pack, Blender Pens, Stampin' Pastels, Paper Piercer, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponge Daubers


The children had a great time looking through all my stamp sets to find the ones that they wanted to use on Daddy's card. We talked about design and colour and we had a fabulous time making them (although I did need a large glass of wine afterwards - lol!!) They had very definite ideas on what they wanted to create.

Next up it is Joseph's (8 yrs) card.



















SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Birthday Whimsy (retired), Big Deal Alpha, All in the Family
Card: Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate chip

And finally, Dana's (5 yrs) card.
Dana wanted to stamp a rainbow and since we don't have any rainbow stamps in the SU catalogue, she drew hers.


















SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Fun & Fast Notes, Reason to Smile (retired)
Card: Yoyo Yellow, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Grey, Regal Rose
Accessories: Word Window Punch, Dimensionals

They turned out really well I thought :-)

Until next time....






2 comments:

Louise F NZ said...

Hi, can I add this post as an inspiration post on NZSU?
Thanks
Louise

Janine Rutherford said...

yes of course you can Louise :-)