Wednesday 23 July 2008

Birthday Stars


This is a variation of a card design I have seen all over the place. It is so easy to do yet very effective. It makes a great birthday card or would be equally suited to a Congratulations card. I have made it up in masculine colours for a workshop but you could easily make it girly with a different colour combination.
I chose the colours for this card from the gorgeous DSP Jersey Shore.




SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Classic Stars (Jumbo Wheel), Wonderful Words
Ink: Brilliant Blue
Card: Pumpkin Pie, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White, Jersey Shore DSP
Accessories: Large Star & Star Punches, Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (Pumpkin Pie), Dimensionals

Here are another couple of cards using the same design but in different colour combinations. This time I have used the Stem Sayings for the greeting.


And just to prove how easy this card is to make, here is one done by my 8 year old son for his friend's birthday a few weeks ago. My children love to play with the wheels and punches!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lovely cards.

arlene,
Gig Harbor florist